Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Our Catalog - - Find books in the Northern Illinois University Libraries, or search the holdings of 76 libraries throughout the state.
- World Cat - - Find books in world's largest online catalog, searching libraries around the world. Off campus users will need to authenticate before using World Cat.
- IET Digital Library: IET Books IET Digital Library: IET Books--the database comprehends a collection of electronic books published by the UK based Institution of Engineering & Technology.
- ebrary Academic Complete - - This electronic book package includes more than 24,000 individual texts covering a broad array of academic disciplines. The database boasts a distinguished set of publishers including such university presses as Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Harvard, etc. The content of the database is well paired with an advanced set of tools that allows for expansive searching capabilities, and manipulation and storage of text.
- Net Library - - NetLibrary offers access to digitized books, including all of the titles produced by the Guttenberg Project. In addition, the University Libraries offers access to some 1,500 titles in business, computer science, and general reference. Notice that to check out books, you need to register at a computer, which is directly linked at the library to set up an individual account. With this individual ID and password, you may access the materials from off campus through any Internet service provider. Full Text.
- Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science--the basic component of the library is a 50- to 100-page "Lecture"; a self-contained electronic book that synthesizes an important research or development topic, authored by an expert contributor to the field. We believe that they offer unique value to the reader by providing more analysis and depth than the typical research journal article. They are also more dynamic and convenient than traditional print or digital handbooks, contributed volumes, and monographs.
- SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) e-books For more than 50 years, SIAM books have been a leading source of knowledge for the world's applied mathematics and computational science communities. SIAM's line-up of stellar, prize-winning authors and titles that address both timely and fundamental topics have made SIAM books indispensable to researchers, faculty, and students around the world. Now, for the first time, the SIAM library of over 200 books is available for institutions to offer to their users electronically.