Using the NIU Music Library -- Research
Research Projects in Music
- Bibliography Building
- Remember these steps. Over time, the tools used for research will change with the widespread implementation of new technologies. The basic concepts of library research will remain the same. You will apply the same ideas to new tools.
- Focus your topic as much as possible.
- If you are not ready to write a thesis statement, then do some background reading and at least write a working thesis statement to guide your research. You can change it later.
- Use your thesis statement as a guide for building the bibliography.
- You should search for a variety of types of sources. Types of sources include the following:
- Ask Questions!
- It is the music librarian’s job to help you, but it is up to you to take the initiative!
- Abbey Thompson (Music Librarian) can be reached by phone or email: 753-9839 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Website