Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Bills - (govinfo/FDSys) Searchable database of bills going back to the 103rd Congress (1993-1994)
- Bill Status - (Congress.gov) Searchable database of bill summaries and status going back to the 93rd Congress (1973-1974)
- Congressional Committee Prints - (govinfo/FDSys) Searchable database of selected committee prints, which are publications issued by Congressional Committees that include topics related to their legislative or research activities, as well as other matters such as memorial tributes. The prints are an excellent resource for statistical and historical information, and for legislative analysis.
- Congressional Committee Reports - (govinfoFDSys) Searchable database of committee reports going back to the 104th Congress. Congressional reports originate from congressional committees and deal with proposed legislation and issues under investigation. There are two types of reports:
- House and Senate Reports: Reports of congressional committees concerning proposed legislation and/or contain findings on matters under investigation.
- Senate Executive Reports: Reports of the Committee on Foreign Relations relating to treaties between the United States and foreign nations which have been submitted to the U.S. Senate for ratification, or are reports of various Senate committees regarding nomination of individuals.
- Congressional Hearings - (govinfo/FDSys) Searchable database of selected hearings going back to the 99th Congress (1985-1986). A hearing is a meeting or session of a Senate, House, joint, or special committee of Congress, usually open to the public, to obtain information and opinions on proposed legislation, conduct an investigation, or evaluate/oversee the activities of a government department or the implementation of a Federal law. In addition, hearings may also be purely exploratory in nature, providing testimony and data about topics of current interest.
- Congressional Record - (govinfo/FDSys) Searchable database of the official record of the proceedings and debates going back to 1994
- House and Senate Treaty Documents - (Congress.gov) Searchable database of selected treaty documents going back to the 81st Congress (1949-1950)
Need more help? Contact us!
© 2023 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.