Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide provides information about library services, resources, and research & instruction support available during COVID-19. Information will be updated frequently, so please check back regularly.
Founders Memorial Library Access, Fall 2020
Founders Library will begin fall semester hours on August 24, 2020. Building hours will be 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M – F (these hours may be revised as the semester proceeds).
To access the library, patrons must
- Enter through the main entrance, west doors; exit through main entrance, east doors.
- Have an NIU OneCard or courtesy card that will be checked at the entrance.
- Identify what type of access is needed (item pick up, study, cafe, other) will receive a library pass for the location.
- Agree that by entering the library and using the library pass they have no COVID-19 symptoms and will wear their mask at all times.
- Return their library pass in the bucket assigned upon leaving the library.
Individual and socially distant study tables are available on a first come, first served basis (single seating for each table). No group study rooms will be available (except for the Accessibility Resource Study Room - one person at a time). Masks must be worn by patrons at all times, even when seated and studying.
- Computer classrooms are closed and no public workstations are available. See Checking Out Technology if a laptop is needed.
- Printing and photocopying from personal devices will be available on the first floor only. One person at a time at the printers/copiers. Patrons must clean the printers with materials provided after use. See Retrieving Print Jobs for more information.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates & Resources