Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Retrieving Print Jobs
Printing, photocopying, and scanning is available in the library. There are only two printing stations on the first floor. Files can be sent from the designated printer stations or from personal or checked-out devices. See below for information about sending files up to 24 hours in advance of coming to the library to retrieve your print job and policies while printing in the library. In addition to Founders, you can retrieve printouts from any of the Anywhere Printer locations on campus.
Send your Print Job Before Coming to the Library
- Verify that your OneCard has available HuskieBucks on it at https://www.niu.edu/onecard/access/blackboard.shtml
- Send your print job no more than 24-hours before the time of your appointment. Note: Print jobs only remain in the print queue for 24 hours.
- You may send print jobs through the Online Print Center (see instructions below) or by using the Anywhere Printing app downloaded to your device (NOTE: You will need to connect to the VPN client to use the Anywhere Printing app).
Send print jobs through the Online Print Center
(the easiest way to print and for those who have not downloaded the Anywhere Printing app to their device)
- No more than 24 hours ahead of your appointment, go to the online print center: https://printcenter.niu.edu/myPrintCenter/
- Log in with your a-ID or z-ID (do not include the @mail.niu.edu) and password.
- Upload your document(s).
When in the Library Retrieving your Print Job
- Do not forget your OneCard!
- You must wear a mask while in Founders Memorial Library. Consider wearing gloves, if you have them, for an added precaution.
- Only one person at a time at the printers/copiers.
- We will provide you with disinfecting spray and paper towels when you check in. Please spray disinfectant on the paper towels to wipe down the printer pad and keys before and after use. Do not spray the disinfectant directly onto the printer pad.
- Each printer should have an attached stylus you may use to avoid touching the printer pad. In the absence of a stylus (they tend to disappear), you may use the corner of your OneCard, a pencil eraser, or the non-nib end of a pen.