Skip to main content
EZPproxy FAQ (off campus access to databases)
IMPORTANT: due to a problem with links to the new law library website, the old method of logging in to EZProxy & returning to the law library home page is no longer working.
- Instead of logging in below, go to the legal databases and websites page and click on the database you want to use. Databases accessible via EZProxy will prompt you to log in with your campus login ID and password, and you will then be connected to that database.
- As long as you do not close your browser, once you log in to one database through EZProxy you should be able to switch to other databases without logging in again.
Most law library databases can be accessed from off-campus by logging into EZProxy, the off-campus authentication system in use at Founders Library. Use your campus login ID (Z-ID) and password to log in.
- Click here to authenticate via EZProxy (link disabled 8/18/15)
- After you log in you will be returned to the law library home page. From there you can access any of the databases accessible from off-campus via EZProxy.
- The legal databases & websites page lists which databases are accessible from off-campus.
- As long as you do not close your browser window, you can switch from database to database without having to re-authenticate.
- See http://library.niu.edu/ulib/authentication.shtml for more information about using EZProxy with NIU library resources, and troubleshooting tips.
Need more help? Contact us!
© 2016 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.