Skip to main content
Off Campus Access to Law Library Databases
- Databases such as Lexis Advance, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law will use the same logins/passwords off-campus as you use on-campus.
- There are a few databases, such as RIA Checkpoint and some BNA databases, where you can log in without a password on campus but a login and password is needed off-campus. Please check with the Reference Desk or your legal research professor for how to access these databases from off campus.
- Most Law Library & University Libraries databases use this method. Go to the law databases and websites page and click on the database you want to use.
- Databases accessible via EZProxy will prompt you to log in with your campus login ID (Z-ID) and password, and you will then be connected to that database.
- As long as you do not close your browser, once you log in to one database through EZProxy you should be able to switch to other databases without logging in again.
No off campus access:
Some databases cannot be accessed off-campus due to the vendor's licensing terms. One notable example is material published by IICLE (Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education). IICLE materials may only be accessed from within Swen Parson Hall.
If you have any problems accessing databases from off campus, contact the Reference Desk at (815) 753-0519.
Need more help? Contact us!
© 2019 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.