Skip to main content
Off-campus access to databases
- Databases such as Lexis Advance, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law will use the same logins/passwords off-campus as you use on-campus.
- There are a few databases where you can log in without a password on campus, but a login and password is needed off-campus. Please check with the Reference Desk or your legal research professor if you need to access these databases from off campus.
Off-campus authentication services:
- Most Law Library & University Libraries databases use this method. Go to the law databases and websites page and click on the database you want to use.
- Databases accessible from off campus in this way will prompt you to log in with your campus login ID (Z-ID) and password, and you will then be connected to that database.
- As long as you do not close your browser, once you log in to one database you should be able to switch to other databases without logging in again.
No off campus access:
Some databases cannot be accessed off-campus due to the vendor's licensing terms. One notable example is material published by IICLE (Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education). IICLE materials may only be accessed from within Swen Parson Hall.
If you have any problems accessing databases from off campus, please contact us!
Need more help? Contact us!
© 2020 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.