Skip to Main Content
Need more help? Contact us!
Aspen Learning Library (formerly Wolters Kluwer Online Study Aids Library): Access to hundreds of resources including Examples & Explanations titles and Glannon Guides among others. You can set up an optional personal account to highlight, take notes and add bookmarks to titles. To access:
- Click on the link above
- From the Choose Institution list, select "Northern Illinois University"
- In the Library Card area enter your Z-ID (students) or A-ID with a 1 (one) at the end (faculty)
- Click Login
LexisNexis Digital Library
LexisNexis Digital Library: Access to the Understanding... series of study aids as well as a variety of Lexis and Matthew Bender titles (treatises, form books, and primary materials like USCS and court rules). Use your Z-ID to log in.
The LexisNexis Digital Library app allows you to download materials for offline reading on your phone or tablet.
CALI (Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction): Over 1,000 interactive legal tutorials written by law professors and geared towards law students, open and free casebooks and tools, and a variety of online instructional tools for law faculty.
To register, you'll need to enter a one-time code to verify your affiliation with the College of Law; email email@example.com or your Legal Research professor to obtain it.
Where can I find online books and articles?
With most classes this fall taking place remotely, it's best to first explore the many online resources available to you.
The Law Library's home page is your gateway to the online resources at the law library. Here you'll find:
- Links to commonly-used online legal resources and links to a complete list of all our databases by name and by subject area.
- Links to Libguides to help you with various aspects of legal research. Our most popular guides are the Basic Legal Research Guide and Sample Bluebook Citations.
- A quick search box for HuskieSearch, the library's discovery system (library catalog and more). See the menu to your left for a complete guide to using HuskieSearch.
Can't find what you need online?
- We can get you print materials from the Law Library, from the NIU Libraries, and from the over 90 academic libraries in the state of Illinois by searching the I-Share catalog and using the Request feature in HuskieSearch.
- If the material you need can't be requested through HuskieSearch, we can place an Interlibrary Loan request for you.
© 2022 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.