Skip to main content
Need more help? Contact us!
What is HuskieSearch?
HuskieSearch is the new "discovery" platform for NIU as of June 24, 2020. It replaces the former library catalog and adds additional functionality.
You can still:
- Search for books and other physical materials at NIU and other I-Share libraries
- Place requests for physical materials located at I-Share libraries
- Track your requests and renew checked-out items in My Library Account
- Log in using your NIU A-ID or Z-ID account
- Search for journal articles and many other types of materials in a single search box
- Many more options for faceting (refining) your searches
- Locate the full text of online books and journal articles without having to use SFX (the previous "Journal search (all NIU libraries)" link)
Things to remember:
- Not all Law Library or NIU Libraries online resources can be found using HuskieSearch (for example, materials in Westlaw, Lexis Advance, or Bloomberg Law).
- Even for resources that can be found using HuskieSearch, sometimes their databases are best searched directly to give you the highest precision for your search results.
- If you need help using HuskieSearch, or what you're looking for doesn't seem to be in HuskieSearch, please contact the law library via email at email@example.com. We'll be happy to direct you to the resources that meet your needs and help you to use them.
Moving Saved Records and Searches from VuFind to HuskieSearch
Please note that with the exception of account access as described below, VuFind (the previous library catalog) was frozen as of June 18, 2020. No new records will be added to VuFind, new requests will not be able to be placed there, and attempts to renew materials within VuFind will fail.
- The old VuFind catalog will remain available until October 30, 2020 for users to log in to retrieve any Saved Items or Saved Searches in VuFind.
- Saved Items and Saved Searches in VuFind cannot be migrated to HuskieSearch directly.
- However, you can run a search in HuskieSearch to find the item you saved in VuFind, then Save Record or Save Search using the procedures described on the Using My Favorites page to re-save an item or search to your account in HuskieSearch.
© 2021 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.