Skip to main content
Need more help? Contact us!
What is HuskieSearch?
HuskieSearch is the new "discovery" platform for NIU as of June 24, 2020. It replaces the former library catalog and adds additional functionality.
You can still:
- Search for books and other physical materials at NIU and other I-Share libraries
- Place requests for physical materials located at I-Share libraries
- Track your requests and renew checked-out items in My Library Account
- Log in using your NIU A-ID or Z-ID account
- Search for journal articles and many other types of materials in a single search box
- Many more options for faceting (refining) your searches
- Locate the full text of online books and journal articles without having to use SFX (the previous "Journal search (all NIU libraries)" link)
Things to remember:
- Not all Law Library or NIU Libraries online resources can be found using HuskieSearch (for example, materials in Westlaw, Lexis Advance, or Bloomberg Law).
- Even for resources that can be found using HuskieSearch, sometimes their databases are best searched directly to give you the highest precision for your search results.
- If you need help using HuskieSearch, or what you're looking for doesn't seem to be in HuskieSearch, please contact the law library via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our Ask-A-Librarian chat below. We'll be happy to direct you to the resources that meet your needs and help you to use them.
Chat service is generally staffed Monday - Thursday 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. If chat service is unavailable please email us. We'll get back to you by the next business day.
© 2020 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.