Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- American Meteorological Society - A valuable feature of this professional society's page is "AMS Journals Online," which gives free text search access to either the society periodicals or specific titles.
- Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory: Hurricane Research Division
- Australian Space Weather Agency
- British Atmospheric Data Center - Based in Oxfordshire, the Center "assists UK atmospheric researchers to locate, assess, and interpret data. Center produced datasets are accessible through an Internet link, as are external datasets housed there. Meteorological, atmospheric chemistry and stratospheric data are provided.
- Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies - A joint venture of the University of Wisconsin and NASA, with research programs on operational weather satellites, instrument development, applications ranging from biomass burning monitoring to numerical weather prediction. Featured projects include ARTIC Fire (an Arctic Cloud experiment) and the Winter Storm Reconnaissance Program.
- GISS: Goddard Institute for Space Studies at Columbia University in New York
- International Weather Satellite Imagery Center - A listing of weather imagery and films taken by satellites worldwide, arranged by region and heavily weighted towards North America.
- Lightning and Atmospheric Electricity Research at the Global Hydrology and Climate Center (GHCC)
- Met Office (U.K. weather center) The British equivalent of the U.S. National Weather Service.
- Midwestern Regional Climate Center - A cooperative program of the National Climatic Data Center and the Illinois State Water Survey, one of six such centers in the United States. Both historical analysis and current data are provided, as are climate summaries for each Midwestern state.
- NASA Satellite Images - A listing of specific image files arranged alphabetically by place or region name.
- National Climatic Data Center - Based in Asheville, NC, this is the world's largest active archive of weather data covering 150 years and virtually all NOAA information. Sections on satellite resources, radar resources, climatic extremes and weather events. Search capability by maps and individual events is provided.
- National Hurricane Center - The major U.S. facility monitoring tropical cyclones over the Atlantic, Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico, and Eastern Pacific from May 15 through November 30. Historical charts from 1492 to date are accessible, along with seasonal summaries by region and details of aircraft reconnaissance.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - Useful links from this page include the National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service. A basic starting point for research involving the environment, climate, coastal issues, etc.
- National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC)
- National Severe Storms Laboratory - Based in Norman, Oklahoma, this internationally known environmental research laboratory specializes in the study of all aspects for severe weather (tornadoes, thunderstorms, lightning, hail, floods, and damaging winds). "NSSL Briefings" is available full-text through this page.
- National Snow and Ice Data Center
- National Weather Association - This professional organization site lists both Association publications and a set of "Meteorology and Science Links."
- NBC News Intellicast - Useful for update on both world weather (by region and city) and the United States, complete with detailed image files updated regularly.
- NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis - Weather data at six-hour intervals over a 50-year period, from 1948 to 1998.
- NOAA Climate Analysis Branch
- NOAA Climate Diagnostics Center Map Room
- NOAA National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center - Includes news, outlooks ranging from 6 days to 3 months, a drought assessment, and more.
- NOAA Paleoclimatology Program
- NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- SEDAC: Stratospheric Ozone and Human Health Project - The purpose of this site is to provide data and resources in the areas of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, ozone, and human health. A bibliographic database of expert literature is included. Covering the period of 1979 to present.
- Space Weather Canada
- Storm Prediction Center
- The Weather Channel
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
- World Meteorological Organization,(WMO) - The specialized agency of the United Nations coordinating global scientific activity relating to all aspects of weather. The full text of recent press releases, official statements, and media features is provided.
Subjects: African American Studies
, Latino and Latin American Studies
, LGBT Studies
, Museum Studies
, Soil Science