Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Locating the Full Text
Finding the full text of articles can be challenging, but NIU Libraries has a couple tricks that can help.
- If you are using a database or Google Scholar, use the FIND IT icon (View IT @ NIU in Google Scholar) to connect to the full text at NIU or order the material via Inter-Library Loan.
- If you know the citation information for the material, use Citation Linker to connect to the full text at NIU.
Accessing Full Text Articles Video
Access the Full Text Using FIND IT Guide
Connect Google Scholar to full text from NIU Libraries
Did you know that you can link Google Scholar to full text of materials from Northern Illinois University Libraries? Here’s how:
- In Google Scholar, use the menu button on the upper left-hand corner of the screen to navigate to Settings.
- Click on Library Links.
- Search for Northern Illinois University.
- Check off “Northern Illinois University - View It @ NIU"
Your search results will now include “View It @ NIU” links. For more information about using View IT @ NIU to access full text, see Using FIND IT to Access the Full Text.
Using a Citation to Find an Article Video
Access the Citation Linker