Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the NIU University Libraries subject guide for Counseling and Higher Education! Please use the tabs above to find relevant resources.
If you have any questions, please contact the subject specialist librarian, Alissa at email@example.com.
New Database: Scopus
Scopus is a large interdisciplinary database that provides publication, author, and journal-level metrics like citation counts, altmetrics, h-indexes and the CiteScore. Use Scopus to find:
- The most-cited literature on topics from all disciplines
- Research produced by NIU faculty
- Cite Scores for journals (Scopus’s equivalent to the Journal Impact Factor)
- Altmetrics and research impact measures for individual publications or authors
- Update automated author profiles