Skip to main content
VuFind & "Classic" catalogs
There are two versions of the NIU catalog available. Both versions of the NIU catalog search the same underlying information.
- The VuFind version has a simple, "Google-like" search box.
- Vu-Find allows you to renew books you have checked out, to save "favorites," to view book reviews & information from Google Book Search, and to add tags and comments to items in the catalog.
- Users are allowed to choose their own user name and password when they create a Vu-Find account.
- The 'Classic' version offers some specialized searches (publisher, call number, etc.) not available in Vu-Find.
- To log into the 'Classic' version use your OneCard number and last name.
- The 'Classic' version can only be used to search NIU libraries. Only the VuFind interface can be used to search the I-Share catalog of other libraries.
- Help and instructions are built in to both versions of the catalog. If you have any questions, ask for help at the Reference Desk.
Need more help? Contact us!
© 2016 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.