Skip to main content
Setting up alerts for journals, law reviews & newsletters
BNA alerts are limited to College of Law students, faculty and staff. You must set up BNA alerts from an on-campus computer.
- Weekly summaries of BNA reports and updates from various sections of the Labor and Employment Law Resource Center. Summary e-mails will link to full text of the reports if you are on the College of Law's network.
To unsubscribe or edit:
Title Alerts & eTOC Alerts
- Title Alerts send an e-mail when a journal issue or volume is added to the Hein Online Law Journal Library.
- eTOC Alerts also include tables of contents of the journals with links to the articles within HeinOnline.
- You must already have a My Hein account, and be logged into it, before creating a title or eTOC alert. See http://heinonline.org/HeinDocs/MyHeinUsersGuide.pdf for how to set up a My Hein account.
- To set up a Title Alert, browse to a title and click on the Create Email Alert. You will then receive a message that says the title has been added to your "Title Alerts." For more information on setting up Title Alerts (including a how-to video), see http://heinonline.org/wiki/index.php/HeinOnline:FAQs/MyHein:_Title_Alerts.
- To set up an eTOC Alert, browse to a title in HeinOnline and click on the Create eTOC Alert link. When you click that link, you will receive a message indicating that the title has been added to "Title Alerts" in your MyHein account.
- To view both your Title Alerts & eTOC alerts, click on Title Alerts from the left-hand MyHein menu. You can add notes to your alerts, or delete alerts that you no longer wish to receive.
- Log in to your MyHein account. Your Title Alerts & eTOC alerts will display.
- Click the Delete link beneath each title. To delete multiple titles, place a checkmark next to the title(s) to be deleted, then click Delete Selected Entries.
IntelliConnect Report Letters:
- Enables subscribers to have report letters emailed to them or sent via RSS feed.
- In the Quick Bar in the upper left hand corner, click on Tracker News then click Receive Entire Report Letter(s). You will see a list of CCH report letters associated with the titles to which the library subscribes.
- To receive updates via email: Select the titles you want to receive in the right hand column and make sure the Deliver my report letters to the email address above is checked in the left hand column. If you have made any changes to the email address in the Delivery box, also click Apply Changes.
- To unsubscribe from updates via e-mail: In the Quick Bar in the upper left hand corner, click on Tracker News then click on Receive Entire Report Letter(s). In the left hand box that displays, click the X next to the titles you no longer wish to receive.
- To receive updates via RSS feed: Click the link Click here to view available RSS Feedsand add them to your feed reader.
- To unsubscribe from an RSS feed: remove the feed from your feed reader.
For more information about setting up and modifying Report Letter and Tracker News settings, see http://business.cch.com/training/otherresources/ENewsletter-ReportLtr-Signup.pdf or http://tax.cchgroup.com/Intelliconnect/pdf/SettingUpTrackers.pdf .
- Used to monitor news and developments related to a particular topic. Updates can be sent daily via email or as an RSS feed and can also be viewed within Intelliconnect.
- In the Quick Bar area in the upper left hand corner, click on Tracker News. Click the word here in the You have no Trackers configured... message.
- In the right hand column, select the Tracker(s) you want to add.
- Some Trackers have additional customization options. To view them, click on the Target icon next to the name of the Tracker. When finished with additional customizations, click OK.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Add Trackers.
- A window will display asking if you want to receive Tracker News via email. An RSS feed link is also provided that enables you to receive all of your Trackers in one RSS feed.
To unsubscribe or edit:
- In the Quick Bar area in the upper left hand corner, click on Tracker News, then click Add/Modify Trackers.
- To delete a Tracker, click the X next to its name. To modify a Tracker, click the Target icon next to its name.
- To modify your delivery options (email address, etc.) click the Delivery Options link at the top of the right hand pane.
The College of Law has full access to materials within the Legal Scholarship Network portion of SSRN. Access to the free journals within other networks is also available. Current awareness material is delivered to your e-mail and consists of references to recently added articles/publications that meet your alert specifications.
- Go to www.ssrn.com and log in.
- Select the Subscriptions link on the left side of the page. The Journal Subscription Manager displays.
- Scroll down to "Legal Scholarship Network" and select Click here. You will see a list of all available materials.
- Use the +/- buttons at the top level to subscribe/unsubscribe to all journals in a section.
- Click Expand All to see all journals within a topic area, then use the check boxes to select individual titles.
Return to the Journal Subscription Manager and un-check the the selections you made. Each e-mail update you receive also contains an "unsubscribe" link.
- Weekly e-mail service drawn from topic and subject headings and journal titles covered by the Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP).
- Direct links to publications in LexisNexis or Westlaw are provided.
- Go to http://depts.washington.edu/scilp/scilp3.cgi. Fill in the requested personal information & enter the NIU authorization code (obtain the code from the Law Library).
- Select the topic, subject and/or specific journal titles of interest (there are three different sections to the signup form).
- When finished, click the Next button at the bottom of any of the sections to submit the profile.
To unsubscribe or edit:
- Log into your profile at the URL above and modify your selections. This will overlay your previous settings.
- To unsubscribe from everything, leave all checkmarks blank.
- EBSCOhost, provided by Founders Library, provides search and journal title alerting services to all of the titles in its various databases.
- See the following pages on EBSCOhost Help:
Need more help? Contact us!
© 2016 Board of Trustees of Northern Illinois University. All rights reserved.